Hugh McPherson, MD
Dr. McPherson is a an orthopedic spine surgeon who joined Peak Orthopedics and Spine in 2008 after practicing in the North Denver Metro area for over 6 years. He is board certified by both the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery and the Royal College of Surgeons in Canada. He attended medical school and completed his residency at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, Canada followed by a spine fellowship at the University of Western Ontario.
He is an Assistant Clinical Professor at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center. Dr. McPherson has visited and trained at numerous spine centers in Europe, including completing an AO Fellowship in Nottingham, United Kingdom. He stays up to date with current trends through his faculty position with the AO Foundation, membership to a number of different spine societies and participation in international meetings. He is active in education, giving lectures to other surgeons and residents both locally and internationally. He provides volunteer spine trauma call at Denver Health. Past appointments include Department Chair at North Suburban medical Center and Medical Director at the Musculoskeletal Center. Dr. McPherson has a special interest in motion preservation, disc replacement, spinal deformity, and treats children as well.
Orthopedic Surgery Fellowship
- Queens Medical Center, Knottingham, United Kingdom AO Spine Sugery Fellowship 2001
- University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario Canada Spine Surgery Fellowship 1999
Orthopaedic Surgery Residency
- University of British Columbia School of Medicine, 1994-1999 Medical School
- University of British Columbia, 1991-1994
- Fellow, AO Spine 2001
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 2000
- Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons, 1999